Map from 1931 - The aircraft symbol is the position of the wind direction indicator. The red solid circle on the right slightly above stands for the radio station, the two jagged arrows symbolize two radio masts.
To the right is the signal mast. Below the lettering "Berlin" is the location of the smoking stove.
The two black suns are aviation fires.
The red numbers represent the obstacle height in meters above the runway including lightning rods and flagpoles. Numbers in brackets are the height without lightning rod and flagpoles.
The obstacle to the east with a height of 63 m is the Genezarethkirche church at Herrfurthplatz, which is mentioned below. It is secured with an obstacle fire. Their tower was later reduced in height.
From the west, a tram line leads to the airport building. To the south is the Ringbahn (suburban rail)-.
Aerial picture from 1928
Aerial picture from the - /FHB 1928/
Runways, taxiways, aprons
Good sod on sandy clay soil, no swamp formation.
Shortest rolling distance: in east-west direction 1350 m, in north-south direction 1000 m.
Tower house fired by neon fire, 2 km southwest of the movement area. 2 red neon fires in cylinder form of 3600 HK each on the radio towers. On the administrative building two red neon words: "Berlin". Landing fires of green, white and red fires in line parallel to the wind direction. Landing are supposed to made from green over white to red, to the right of the row. The wind direction indicator in airplane form is illuminated. The limit of the movement area is indicated by red fires of 5.8 m of neon tube. On request in the air traffic management, the administrator provide night lighting. In the south several chimneys illuminated by spotlights, in the east the tower tip of the Genezareth Church is lighted by red neon fire. A headlamp fixed to an 18 m high scaffold is put into operation on demand (250 million HK).
Remark: HK is for Hefnerkerze which was used as a measurement for light intensity
Aircraft hangars I-III: 64.0 x 25.0 m,
Aircraft hangars IV-V: 88.0 x 30.0 m,
Wooden halls 1-2: 50.0 x 20.0 m
The halls contain cranes with a maximum load of 0.75 - 1.0 t.
Containing autogenous welding equipment, lathe, locksmithery, carpentry, saddlery and painting; electrical current: 200 V AC. Spare parts for all traffic airplanes of the Deutsche Luft Hansa in stock.
For 160 000 l standard fuel of Deutsche Luft Hansa.
Accommodation of passengers:
Provisional in the city. Restaurant in the administrative building.
First aid in case of accidents:
Medical room with healing assistants available. Nearest doctor in Urbankrankenhaus hospital (1 1/2 km distance).
Customs, post, passport:
Customs airport. Post office with telephone and tube mail station available. Passport inspection by police watch.
Shuttle service at times of scheduled departures and landings. Taxi cabs can be obtained at all times. Electric tramway at the administrative building. Underground and suburban railway nearby.